3rd Uganda – France Friendship Week Celebrations (16 -23 March 2019)
Grand Finale – Saturday @Kyadondo Rugby Club
The third edition of the Uganda – France Friendship Week Celebrations will come to an end this Saturday at Kyadondo Rugby Club.
The grand finale event will compound both a rugby match between the Uganda Rugby Cranes Select Team and the French Pacific Military Team plus lots of entertainment.
The French contingent arrived on Monday and has been conducting drills at Kyadondo, the same venue that hosted last year’s showpiece. They have also been moving around schools passing on rugby skills as long as social life skills.
The Uganda Select side was named this week with only domestic-based players making a cut.
French Ambassador in Uganda, H.E Stephanie Rivoal launched the celebrations three weeks ago at the French embassy in Kampala. She has always been in attendance during the grand finale events and she promised to show up at Kyadondo once again.
“This is a very exciting week for Uganda and France. This celebration portrays the continued bond between the two nations,” H.E Rivoal told the media.
Local artists notably Eddy Kenzo, Bennie Gunter, King Saha, Lydia Jasmine, Vinka, Fefe Buusi, Fik Fameica, John Blaq and others will thrill the audience till late.
Rugby Cranes Select Team
1. Santos Senteza (Heathens), 2. Faragi Odugo (Kobs) 3. Ivan Wavamunno( Pirates) 4. Robert Aziku ( Kobs) 5. Charles Uhuru(Heathens) 6. Simon Olet(Heathens)7. Michael Otto (Heathens) 8. Musa Muwonge(Pirates) 9. Conrad Wanyama (Pirates) 10. Ivan Magomu (Pirates) 11. Timothy Mugisha (Hippos) 12. Eric Mula (Pirates) 13. Jordan Bongomin (Heathens) 14. Maxwell Ebongo (Hippos)
15. Joseph Oyet (Warriors) 16. Joseph Tamale (Mongers) 17. Ivan Kabagambe(Pirates) 18. Sean Mubiru(Hippos) 19. Arthur Mpande (Rhinos) 20. Robert Masendi (Heathens) 21. John Echeru( Hippos) 22. Gerald Ssewankambo( Heathens) 23. Allan Omoding (Warriors)
French Pacific Military Rugby Team
Jordan Frogier, Soane Kafoa, Bryton Haiau, Yohan Thevenot, Soane Fuluhea, Terenui Pihahuna, Steeve Vaapaogo, Josepho Fiakaifonu, Malekalio Savea, Saphna Kavakava, Emmanuel Ihopu, Mathieu Lucas, Teivao Mauri, Isaie Mesikeo, Aurelien Euphrasie, Kevin Bidault, William Prat, Gaetan Selasio, Apalahamo Tufele, Kevin Delafoulhouze, Alexandre Gogo, Nicolas Duc, Dimitri Jumere/Samere, Enoharii Teore, Leo Buchholtz
The series of activities to celebrate the friendship between France and Uganda
• 16th March – Francophonie Day (French School, Lugogo By pass – 1 PM till 11 PM)
• 18th March – Tourism (Ndere Cultural Center – 6 PM – 10 PM)
• 19th March – Fashion (French Residence – 6 PM – 11 PM)
• 20th March – Defence & Security (French Residence – 6:30 AM – 11 AM) *Invitations only
• 21st March – Gastronomy (Le Chateau Restaurant – 6 PM – 11 PM) *Invitations only
• 22nd March – Sports (Nakivubo Blue, Naguru Remand Home, Naguru Primary & Kibuli Police Children – 8 AM – 12 PM)
• 23rd March – Music and Sports Festival (Kyadondo Rugby Ground – 12 PM – 11 PM)