Home Golf UGU Unveils Uganda Open Golf Championship Schedule

UGU Unveils Uganda Open Golf Championship Schedule

71
0

Event: Tusker Malt Uganda Open Golf Championship 2020

Time: 26th November  – 6th December 2020.

Venue: Uganda Golf Club, Kitante

Local golf governing body UGU (Uganda Golf Union) has released the schedule for the Tusker Malt Lager Uganda Open Golf Championship 2020. The event proper will tee-off on Thursday, 26th November running all the way to Saturday, 6th December 2020.

The event will be played at Uganda Golf Club’s par-72 course in Kitante, marking a return to its fabled home following a two-year hiatus. The event was previously held at Entebbe Club and Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort and Spa.

As usual, ladies will tee-off first in their event that runs between 26th to 28th November. The official practice round for this category will be on 25th November.

There will be no cuts in this category but players will be seeded according to handicaps.
The men’s amateur event which is the oldest (marking its 79th staging) outing in the Championship is in two categories, that is; Amateur gross which will run between 1st to 4th December and the Amateur Subsidiary slated for 5th and 6th December.

The ‘money golfers’ who play in the Professionals (pros) category will be in action between 3rd and 6th December.

This year’s pro Kitty is Sh. 100 Million that will be split between 30 golfers who will make the cut but according to performance. The winner will take 22.5% of the pro Kitty and the remainder of the players willl share 77.5% of the money, but still according to performance.

The Tournament Director is John Katto and will be assisted by Anthony Agaba.
This year’s Uganda Open was initially slated for August and September but Covid-19 became a damper on all our plans.

2019 Uganda Open Winners:

Ladies: Martha Babirye (Uganda)

Amateurs: Daniel Nduva (Kenya)

Pros: Muthiya Madalitso (Zambia)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here