Male golfers Oscar Semawere and Marvin Kagoro are through to the fourth round (quarter final) of the fourth edition of the Singleton Matchplay Challenge after their round three all-female rival pair of Wendy Angudeyo/Doreen Mwesigye made no show during their scheduled match this week.
Having broken no sweat last time out, Semawere/Kagoro will discover their next round (round four) opponents when Round Three winds down this weekend.
In the second round, Oscar Semawere/Marvin Kagoro beat Robbins Mwehaire/Teinemanzi T. 2/1 to make it to Round Three while Wendy Angudeyo/Doreen Mwesigye beat Peter Apell/Andrew Baguma 6/4.
The Singleton event resumed last week and it will be played consecutively at the club’s par-71 course and will wind down on 19th December in a massive grand finale event.
Round Three will wind down this weekend and the quarter final will commence shortly with the semi-final following, ushering in the grand finale later next month.
However, in one of the games played, Earnest Rukundo/Rogers Byaruhanga beat beat fellow all-male pair of Moses Matsiko/Ashavin Kananathan 3/1 to book a slot in the next round of play.
Singleton Matchplay Challenge Round Three Draws:
1. Earnest Rukundo/Rogers Byaruhanga vs Moses Matsiko/Ashavin Kananathan (3/1)
2. Sheila Kesiime/Gloria Mbaguta vs Moses Mukiibi/Conrad Odere
3. Ssubi Kiwanuka/Timothy Mwanda vs Ivan Wesonga/Emmanuel Wamimbi
4. Diana Nambalirwa/Anthony Ndegwa vs Charles Hamya/Charles Bogera
5. Ali Juuko/Herbert Mwetemba vs Luwum Adoch/Innocent Nahabwe
6. Innocent Kihika/Morris Ongwech vs Jerry Owachi/Harry Hakiza
7. Paul Kalemba/Faith Namara vs Mathius Kalule/Stephanovic Dejan
8. Oscar Semawere/Marvin Kagoro vs Wendy Angudeyo/Doreen Mwesigye (Walkover for Semawere/Kagoro)