The fourth edition of the Singleton Matchplay Challenge has neared its climax after the quarter finals were concluded on Saturday at the Entebbe Golf Club’s par-71 course.
There are three all-male pairs in the semi-finals plus one mixed team.
In the first quarter final, Oscar Ssemawere and Marvin Kagoro beat Ivan Wesonga and Emmanuel Wamimbi 3/2. In the semi-final, Ssemawere/Kagoro will face fellow all-male pair of Luwum Adoch/Innocent Nahabwe, who beat all-male team of Mathius Kalule/Stephanovic Dejan 4/2 in the quarter finals.
The other semi-final will be between mixed pair of Diana Nambalirwa/Anthony Ndegwa and all-male pair of Earnest Rukundo/Rogers Byaruhanga.
In the quarter finals, Diana Nambalirwa/ Anthony Ndegwa beat Jerry Owachi/Harry Hakiza 3/1 while Earnest Rukundo/Rogers Byaruhanga beat fellow all-male pair of Moses Mukiibi/Conrad Odere 5/4.
The Semi-finals (round five) will be played within 22nd – 28th November while the grand finale will be held on 19th December 2020 with a prize giving ceremony.
The event’s platinum sponsor is Singleton whisky. Co-sponsors are; NCBA Bank Uganda, DSTV, Ekspresso, RwandAir, Serena Hotels, HTC, Bycentrics, Pinnacle Security, MARSH, Victoria Motors and Street Club (then host for the after party before Covid-19 happened).
The post-lockdown proceedings of the tournament are held in accordance with health guidelines regarding Covid-19.
Singleton Challenge Round Four (Quarter Final) Results:
1. Diana Nambalirwa/Anthony Ndegwa beat Jerry Owachi/Harry Hakiza 3/1
2. Earnest Rukundo/Rogers Byaruhanga beat Moses Mukiibi/Conrad Odere 5/4
3. Oscar Ssemawere/Marvin Kagoro beat Ivan Wesonga/Emmanuel Wamimbi 3/2
4. Luwum Adoch/Innocent Nahabwe beat Mathius Kalule/Stephanovic Dejan 4/2
Singleton Matchplay Round Five (Semi-final) Draws:
1. Oscar Ssemawere/Marvin Kagoro vs Luwum Adoch/Innocent Nahabwe
2. Diana Nambalirwa/Anthony Ndegwa vs Earnest Rukundo/Rogers Byaruhanga