Home Football Uganda Cup: KCCA, Police take care of business to reach quarter finals

Uganda Cup: KCCA, Police take care of business to reach quarter finals

Uganda Cup: KCCA, Police take care of business to reach quarter finals
KCCA FC players celebrate one of their three goals on Wednesday

Uganda Cup Last 16
Wednesday, 5th May
-KCCA FC 3-0 Bright Stars
-Bright Stars FC 1-0 Police FC
-BUL FC 2-1 Kigezi Home Boyz FC

KCCA FC beat Maroons FC 3-0 on Wednesday to reach the Uganda Cup last 8 5-0 on aggregate.

The Kasasiros who had won the first leg 2-0 at Luzira were rampant from the very start and never looked like a side that would let Maroons back in the tie.

Sadat Anaku handed Morley Byekwaso’s side the lead inside six minutes, calmly slotting past Eric Daira in the Maroons goals.

Steven Sserwadda made it 2-0 on 32 minutes, poking in from close range after he was stepped up by Samson Kigozi.

The third came late in the contest through substitute Juma Balinya who replaced Anaku just after the break.

With the league title as good as lost, KCCA remain on course to winning something this campaign as they march into the Uganda Cup quarter-finals.

At Bugembe, BUL FC took care of Kigezi Home Boyz 2-1 in the first leg of their tie.

Richard Wandyaka was on hand to open the scoring inside 5 minutes and put BIL into the lead.

Musa Esenu increased the hosts advantage on 22 minutes to put them 2-0 up.

Denis Lubowa then pulled one back for the visitors, dispatching a penalty on to ensure Kigezi stays in the tie.

BUL could have increased on their advantage but Robert Mukongotya’s free kick went agonizingly wide.

The two sides will meet again in the second leg at the Kabale Municipal Stadium.

Lady Doves overcome UCU to win maiden Women Super League title

Uganda Cup: Express, Villa both through to last 8 despite stalemates

Uganda Sand Cranes Provisional Squad for AFCON Beach Soccer 2021 named

FUFA reveals Key decisions taken from its 24th Exco Meeting

At Kavumba, Police FC progressed to the quarter-finals despite losing 1-0 away to Bright Stars FC.

James Angu scored the only goal of the contest, netting in the 79th minute of the contest.

Police could have earlier taken the lead but Tony Mawejje’s goal bound effort was saved by Simon Tamale before Duncan Sseninde‚Äôs free kick that rattled the up-right.

Uganda Cup action continues on Thursday with Proline, who lead 2-1 from the first leg, taking on Mbale Heroes FC.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here