Home Football Big League: Arua Hill maintain unbeaten run with draw against Kataka

Big League: Arua Hill maintain unbeaten run with draw against Kataka


A 2-2 draw including a disallowed goal summarized the game between Kataka FC and Arua Hill SC as they played their ninth game in the FUFA Big League at Mbale Municipal Stadium.


Arua Hill took command of the game in the first 15 minutes with Alfred Leku brace but two Kataka substitutes Ashraf Mulindi and Bashir Kyazze each scored on either of the halves to neutralize the scores for Godfrey Toldo’s side.


Hussein Mbalangu made one change in his starting XI as  Baden Mujahid  was preferred ahead of  Rashid Kawawa.


The no.10 started with so much  impact with a first goal attempt just a minute into the game.  Shortly he contributed in the build up of the opening goal before Alfred Leku headed home in the 5th minute, then three minutes later he was awarded yellow for actions the referee deemed unsporting.


Leku doubled Arua Hill lead ten minutes later with a close range finish to complete his brace following a cutback from Baden. Arua Hill continued to show interest in finishing the business in the 20th minute when Gadafi Gadinho targeted the goal from a freekick before Solomon Okello stopped his strike.


Kataka pulled back one following the introduction of substitute Ashraf Mulindi  who came in for Moses Ssekasana in the 25th minute when he struck accurately past Richard Anyama.


Through Leku again, Arua Hill could have extended their advantage when the striker asked another question in the 27th minute but his poke was not strong enough to go past the Kataka custodian.


Baden Mujahid came close to scoring in the 31st but his strike travelled without goal ingredients before the first half closed up.


Mbalangu made two changes at the start of second half, introducing Samari Ajobe and Brian Ade for Allan Mugalu and Rashid Agau.


His substitution was accompanied with fresh instruction of repositioning Paddy Muhumuza to advance and attacking role as Ade takes over the left attacking midfield from outgoing Agau while maintaining a 4-1-4-1 formation.


Ade’s first touch revealed Mbalangu’s on point understanding of the game when his 47th minute strike flew home to supposedly give Arua Hill the third goal but the linesman’s flag  indecipherable went up.


Kataka threatened to level matters in the 51st minute through midfielder Francis Odong who went for goal with a headed attempt following a corner before he was denied by the pole.


Mbalangu and Toldo made changes in the 65th minute with the former bringing in Rajab Kakooza for Gadafi Gadinho meanwhile the later bringing Bashir Kyazze for Hassan Kato.


Toldo’s move  was more effective as his fresh legs would later change the game to his ffavou. Kyazze turned goal scorer five minutes later when his strike was declared a goal by officials despite Rashid Muhamed clearing the ball inches away from the line.


Paddy Muhumuza made efforts in reclaiming the lead in the 75th minute but his whip missed the target.


Shortly, Arua Hill penalty calls were turned down twice, first when the ball seemingly deflected off Ade’s chest before Odong held with his hands in the area and secondly when Baden Mujahid was brought down by the opponent defenders in the box.


Arua Hill remain on top of the table with 17 points and are the only unbeaten side in the Elgon Group. They host Maroons at Barifa Play Ground on 23rd/05/2021.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here