The management of the Rugby Cranes Sevens (Uganda national rugby 7s team) has summoned a provisional squad of 26 players to start preparations for the 2022 cycle.
Rugby Cranes 7s have a busy 2022 with the continental showpiece, Rugby Africa Cup on the cards. The event will double as a qualifier for Commonwealth Games and Rugby 7s World Cup, all scheduled for next year.
“The Uganda Rugby 7s Team intends to not only qualify for these games but to win the Rugby Africa 7s Tournament and to continue scaling heights both continentally and Internationally,” Uganda Rugby Union (URU) said in a statement.
According to URU, all players summoned to the squad are to undergo a mandatory medical screening exercise scheduled for the 30th August 2021 at 7:00 am at Kyadondo Rugby Grounds to determine their wellbeing and the same will further inform the management of the best training regiment for them.
“The Medical screening is one of the selection tools for the determination of athletes for the 2022 Campaign and the programme going forward will further be determined,” URU added.
Invited players to the Uganda 7s team:
1. Adrian Kasito – KOBs
2. Desire Ayera – Black Pirates
3. Byron Oketayot – KOBs
4. Nobert Okeny – Heathens
5. Levis Ocen – Buffaloes
6. Kelvin Balagadde – Black Pirates
7. Aaron Ofoywroth – Heathens
8. Solomon Okia – Black Pirates
9. Ian Munyani – KOBs
10. Pius Ogena – KOBs
11. Denis Etwau – Jinja Hippos
12. Michael Wokorach – Heathens
13. Isaac Massanganzira – Black Pirates
14. Maxwell Ebonga – Jinja Hippos
15. Alex Aturinda – Black Pirates
16. Claude Otema – Heathens
17. Patrick Okello – Heathens
18. Timothy Kisiga – Black Pirates
19. Ocen Jacob – Jinja Hippos
20. Philip Wokorach – France
21. Allan Olango – Rhinos
22.Aaron Tukei – Buffaloes
23. Emma Ochan – Heathens
24. Ivan Karim Arinaitwe – KOBs
25. Arnold Atukunda – Black Pirates
26.Joseph Aredo – KOBs