Home Golf Pros to battle for 100M at 2021 Uganda Open Golf Championship

Pros to battle for 100M at 2021 Uganda Open Golf Championship

453
0
Zimbabwe's Robson Chinhoi won last year's pro event of the Uganda Open. Courtesy Photo

Event: 2021 Tusker Malt Lager Uganda Open Golf Championship
Date(s): 18th November to 4th December
Venue: Entebbe Club

According to Uganda Golf Union, the pro kitty for the 2021 Tusker Malt Lager Uganda Open Golf Championship professional event is Sh100,000,000 (One Hundred Million Shillings) with the event set to be played at Entebbe Club’s par-71 golf course between 1st and 4th December.

Even last year’s pro kitty was 100M. The money will be claimed by top 30 players (including ties) who make the second day cut.

The winner will take 25% (Sh22,500,000) of the kitty while the rest of the players will share 75% of the package but according to performance. Runner up will take 15% (Sh15,000,000) while second runner up will pocket 8.46 % (Sh8,460,000) of the kitty.

In case of ties for the last position, the amount initially meant for the last five positions will be redistributed.

In case of ties in the first position, the winner shall be decided by a three hole payoff starting on the 1st, 2nd, and 9th holes respectively. If scores are still even , a sudden death playoff will take place in the same holes until a final decision is reached.

Zimbabwean golfer Robson Chinhoi of Royal Harare Golf Club won last year’s pro event, shooting 15 under par 273.

As it has been the case since 2019, this year’s Uganda Open professional event will double as one of the Safari Tour legs.

Registration for this year’s showpiece is open. Only the first 100 players to register will be considered, all of which must belong to a PGA (Professional Golfers Association).

This year’s Uganda Open will have seven events, that is; Ladies Open, Seniors Open, Amateur Open, Par 3 competition, Pro-Am, Professional Open and Presidential Shield. Last year’s Championship held at Uganda Golf Club only had three events, that is; Ladies, Amateur and Professional Open.

Summary of 2021 Uganda Open Golf Championship schedule
—Ladies Open: 18th to 20th November.
—Seniors Open: 19th to 20th November.
—Par 3 Competition: 24th November
—Amateur Open: 24th to 27th November
—Pro-Am: 30th November
—Professional Open: 1st to 4th December.
—President’s Shield: 4th December

2020 Uganda Open Golf Championship Winners
*Ladies – Martha Babirye (Uganda)
*Amateurs – John Lejirma (Kenya)
*Professionals – Robson Chinhoi (Zimbabwe)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here